This article will explain how you can create a report and download it. At the end of the article, you will find a video tutorial.
You can create a report by navigating to the Reports tab. Once you are in the reports follow the next steps:
- Click the New report button in the upper left corner
- Select one of your projects, the template, and name your report. You may also add an optional report description. When you are done, click Continue.
- Select the experiments and tasks you want included in the report. You may reorder the experiments by clicking on the up/down arrows. You may reorder tasks by clicking on the dots and doing a drag and drop. When you are done, click Continue.
- Next, you will select your task contents. You can select all content or make specific choices in the following sections: Task protocol, Assigned items, Results, and Additional Content.
- Click Start generating. Once SciNote has generated your PDF report for you, you will find it in the PDF column in Reports. You will also receive a notification.
- To download your Report, click on the PDF link in the PDF column. You will then have a pop up preview of your report. To download it, click Download, located in the top right corner.
Additionally, you can also create a DOCX file of the same report by clicking the Generate button directly in the DOCX column of this report, the button will appear when you hover over the DOCX column space. You may also do so by selecting the report with the checkmark and clicking the Generate DOCX from the Report dropdown option.
The DOCX file download is a great option for additional customization to your SciNote Report.
If you update the content of your Projects, Experiments and Tasks after you created your report, note that SciNote will not automatically update your existing PDF or DOCX reports. You can always update your report by simply selecting it and clicking the “Update PDF” or “Update DOCX” from the “Reports” dropdown options. Or alternatively, if you want to make some additional changes in the report content selection, select a report, click the “Edit” button, which opens the report generation flow, and in the last step choose to either create a new report or overwrite the existing one.