Tasks can be shared in a read-only format with partners that do not have a SciNote account. You can also restrict viewing by turning it on and off.
To enable article sharing within a team, the team owner must follow these steps:
- Click on the setting cogwheel in the top right corner .
- Select "Teams" in the dropdown menu.
- Choose the team you want to enable article sharing for by clicking on its name.
- Enable task sharing by clicking under the team's details to turn in on.
- If you need to turn off task sharing, simply click the toggle switch again.
After enabling sharing at the team level, you can start sharing individual tasks. Here's how:
- Navigate to the task you would like to share.
- Next to the task status, click on the share button.
- A popout will appear, click behind "Link sharing."
- Optionally, you can include a message for the recipient.
- Once you've added your message, click "Save."
- Share the link using your preferred communication method with your clients.
When your confidant clicks on the link, they will first see the message you've provided and then can view this task in a read-only role.
To turn off sharing for that task:
- Navigate back to the task
- Click next to the task status
- Click off in the popout
- You'll notice it changing from blue to gray.
- A new popout will appear; click "Deactivate."