SciNote is integrated with Marvin JS, a chemical drawing tool by ChemAxon. Marvin JS allows you to draw and modify, both basic and advanced, chemical structures and reactions within SciNote.
Start creating chemical structures from any rich text editor field within a task.
- Create a step or navigate to the results tab
- Click Insert on the right side of the step
- A drop down will appear, click add file
- Click Create chemical drawing and a new window will appear
Some of the features you can use are listed below:
- Draw your chemical structures and chemical reactions
- Add text to the drawings
- Rotate and mirror the molecules
- Create 3D models.
You can also draw the chemical structures via the search option, as you can see on the .gif below.
When finished, simply click the "Save and Close" button. The image will be embedded into the text field or attached as a file in the Attachments section.