The Manuscript Writer add-on is available to all SciNote Premium users.
When you create your Premium account in SciNote, Manuscript Writer add-on will automatically be activated for you.
Before starting, your data has to be organized in SciNote by Projects, Experiments, and Tasks. Tasks are parts of your experiment that contain data and will eventually become the Materials and Methods section, and Results section of your manuscript draft.
To create a manuscript:
- Navigate to the Projects dashboard
- Click on the Create Manuscript button on the top right
- Under Step 1-a, input up to 20 DOI numbers of open access references
- Under Step 1-b, input 10 relevant keywords. Keywords are important for SciNote Manuscript Writer to find additional relevant open access references related to the topic of your manuscript/research.
- Select the relevant project from the drop-down menu, followed by the relevant experiments
- Click Create Manuscript. It may take from 1 - 24 hours for the draft to be generated and sent to your email as a Microsoft Office Word file (.docx). Please check your email periodically and don't forget to check the spam folder as well.
Note: If you uploaded files to tasks, such as MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, PDF, or similar files, Manuscript Writer will refer to those, but their content will not be included directly in the manuscript text. All this data will be included in the Materials and Methods part of the Manuscript.
The draft will include the following:
1. The introduction section with references – based on the DOI numbers of open access references and keywords of your choice.
2. Materials and methods section generated based on your project and experiments’ data in SciNote.
3. The results section, containing your saved results.
The discussion section is not included in the draft as it is the section that requires your unique understanding of the specific subject and experience to draw scientific conclusions. SciNote's Manuscript Writer can gather existing data and prepare a valid draft, but it cannot draw new ideas, hypotheses, or conclusions from it.
Please note that the aim of the draft is to give you a head start and in no way represents the final version ready for submission.
The number of drafts you can generate varies depending on the Premium plan you have.