SciNote offers advanced inventory filters to strengthen and improve your search for specific items.
To use this feature, go into one of your Inventories and look for the Filter icon on the right side (see picture below).
Adding new filters:
- Click the Filter icon.
- From the pop-up window, click the +Add filter button.
- This will open a list of columns in the current inventory which you can add as individual filters. Even columns that are hidden are able to be used for filtering.
- To make your selection, click the Column name from the list.
- Next, set your criteria (for example "contains" or "doesn't contain").
- Continue to add filters as needed. You can add multiple filters for the same column with different settings.
- When you are happy with the selected filters and their settings, you can apply them by clicking the blue Show results button.
Note: Different inventories will have different filters available as the filterable options are set by the columns.
You can remove any filter using the Delete button (trash can icon) on the right or remove all filters at once using the Clear button as shown in this picture:
Once a filter is applied, you can save it for future use by clicking the Save filters button then +New Filter.
Loading saved filters:
You can access saved filters using the Filters dropdown menu in the top left corner of the filtering box.
Additionally, all saved filters in a shared inventory are accessible to every user of that inventory.
To read more about advanced filters, please see this dedicated blog post.